Sculpture & Decorative Detail
Catherine Woolfitt has practical experience of sculpture conservation in both the museum and building conservation sectors, and specialises in stone, brick, terracotta and lime-based materials.
Practical guidance is provided on cleaning and repair methods and materials appropriate to sculpture and decorative building detail, especially in an external environment.
- Recording, Analysis and Investigation
- Guidance on methods that may be useful including photography, 3D laser scanning, and non-destructive testing (NDT) methods
- Condition Survey – causes of deterioration, weathering patterns; identification of materials
- Treatment Options – for remedial conservation work including cleaning and repair
- Site Trials and Exemplars – to assess options, remedial work methods and materials
- Input at All Project Stages from Planning / Design to Site Work